AEM Plug and Play Infinity 3 Stand Alone ECU System for GTO & 3000GT
If your looking for the ultimate
in stand alone engine management for your GTO or 3000GT, the AEM Infinty is the
system you need. Designed to be powerful, adaptable, and versatile it is the
latest in AEM's line of fully programmable ECU's. With the ability to process
400 Million instructions per second on its 32bit 200mhz processor, it is leaps
and bounds ahead of the competition when it comes to raw processing power and
resolution of data. Not only is the Infinity system the most powerful tuning
tool available, but it is also one of the safest having a number of built in
engine protection strategies that can be implemented based on boost, fuel
pressure, oil pressure, RPM, coolant temp, O2 sensor lean conditions, and even
knock count. Even with the ability to handle all of those inputs and outputs,
you can get up to 70 hours of continuous data-logging and it can be uploaded to
a USB stick to transfer to other computers or your tuner easily. Not only do
you get lots of data, but you can record up to 100 channels simultaneously or a
few less at up to 1000Hz. That is 1000 readings per second for any loggable
Now that you know the kind of power the Infinity has, what makes it stand apart
from other stand-alone options for your GTO or 3000GT. The adaptability of the
system means that it is compatible with most stock and aftermarket sensors, so
you can change the ECU settings to read the sensor you already have instead of
having to replace all of your sensors with expensive ones sold with other stand
alone systems. Just because it is powerful doesn't mean that the Infinity ECU
is difficult to use. It comes with an ECU set up wizard in the included
software to make setup quick and easy so you spend time tuning, not chasing
teeth counts and rescaling tables. The datalogging power wouldn't be useful if
there isn't a good way to easily see the data. AEM gives you multiple playback
options for the saved data, including the standard 2d linear graph, 3d
graphing, and a virtual dashboard with analogue or digital gauges. Best of all,
these different styles can all be used simultaneously to see the data clearly
without cluttering up just one screen with all of the info. There is even an
input simulator that allows you to check what the ECU will do under certain
conditions to validate changes before you restart the car.
So how far can you really take the Infinity system? With the power and
adaptability this ECU has it is capable of some amazing tuning. Here is just a
stats list for it that shows you what it can do.
- Ignition and Injectors: Infinity EMS 6 system offers control over up
to 6 peak and hold injectors and up to 6 0-5 Volt ignition outputs.
- Airflow Model Based Calculations: Infinity system base models are airflow based
and feature various modes for calculating air flow. This eliminates many
of the lookup and trim tables (Correction Tables) which are necessary in previous
- Fuel Control: The Infinity EMS calculates injector
pulsewidth in units of 1/10th of a microsecond. There are 1,000
microseconds in one millisecond. A millisecond is a lifetime to the
hardware on this unit. This is fuel control resolution to 0.0000001
- Open-Loop Fuel Pressure Compensation: Requires the installation of a fuel pressure
sensor, but it allows you to maintain accurate fueling even under
fluctuating fuel pressure.
- Ignition Table: Ignition maps feature 20x20 resolution. This
gives you 400 individual cells to fine tune the ignition timing for a
variety of conditions and situations.
- Individual Cylinder Ignition Trim: Individual cylinder ignition trim is possible
with the Infinity EMS. Further enhancing the ignition accuracy of the
- 3D Ignition Trim Maps: Infinity has a 3D ignition trim map (coolant
and air temperature based).
- Engine Start: VE-based engine start even with MAF based
tuning allows quick starting of even the most aggressive engine
- VE Airflow Table: VE airflow table (Map vs. Engine Speed,
- Variable Cam Control: Infinity can control up to 4 continuously
variable cams (application dependent).
- Real-Time Adaptive Diagnostics: The Infinity EMS includes advanced sensor and
I/O diagnostics, including current monitoring and feedback. The Infinity’s
diagnostics software constantly monitors signal and current quality to
alert the user of a potential issue before it creates the potential for
- Integrated Engine Protection Strategies: Available strategies are based on boost (fuel
cut), fuel pressure (injector flow compensated for variations in
pressure), oil pressure, RPM (rev limiter), coolant temperature, knock
control with feedback and O2 lean protection. Additional sensors (sold
separately) may be required for some strategies.
- Wideband Controllers: Infinity EMS systems include dual internal
- Target Lambda Table: Infinity is airflow based and multi- and
flex-fuel compatible. Target Lambda (10X10 Table) is ideal for tuning
under these conditions.
- Charge Temperature Blend: User-adjustable blend for charge air
temperature (engine speed dependent).
- Individual Cylinder Fuel Trim: User-adjustable individual cylinder fuel trim
- O2 Lean Protection: If AFR exceeds a user definable limit the user
can employ an adjustable rev limiter.
- Electronic Boost Control: Two strategies are available for boost
control: A switched position boost target strategy and a time-dependent
boost target strategy.
- Multi-Fuel Capable: Infinity has the ability to run two separate
fuel types simultaneously through staged fuel injection. This is done
simply by specifying the fuel type for each injection stage in the set-up
- Flex Fuel Compensated: Infinity makes automatic adjustments for
ethanol content and applies them to fuel flow, ignition timing and boost
target (sensor is not included).
- Idle Control: Infinity supports both pulsewidth and stepper
motor type idle valves. Use the idle set up wizard to set idle parameters including
idle activation criteria, idle control limits and idle offsets. An
advanced set up feature is included to modify idle PID feedback gains.
- Drive By Wire: Two H-Bridge Channels are included for drive
by wire (application dependent, coming soon) or DC motor control. Offered
only with Advanced Tuning Package (see Advanced Tuning Package).
- Traction Control: Programmable traction control (wheel speed of
engine accel.) for 2-wheel slip included. 4-wheel traction control offered
only with Advanced Tuning Package (see Advanced Tuning Package).
- Knock Control: 2-channel adaptive knock control.
- Launch Control: Programmable 2-step launch control/anti-lag
with configurable soft cut and two step rev limiters standard.
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 02 December, 2018.